What is Milton Keynes Fast Track?
- Used only if Milton Keynes Protocol has failed, but financial disclosure is complete
- Court application for financial orders is issued
- Uses first court hearing as FDR (Financial Dispute Resolution hearing)
- Faster than routine court application
- Reduces costs, as costs of disclosure and first appointment not duplicated
- Positions already moving
- Court control over timetabling
- Final order will be made
- Cannot be used if problems with disclosure
- No guarantee of settlement at FDR hearing
- Overall costs higher than if settlement achieved under MK Protocol
- If cannot settle at FDR, there will likely be a final hearing, incurring stress and costs
- Parties' lose control of the process
- Both parties have to agree. If one does not agree, this process cannot be used
Between £3,000 - £40,000 dependent on number of hearings/stages when case is settled
Is Legal Aid available?
Not unless there has been significant domestic violence, and the Legal Aid Agency eligibility requirements and threshold criteria are met.
What if it fails?
Case will proceed to final hearing
Time for the process to complete is between 6 months and 15 months
Who can provide this serviceFranklins Solicitors LLPShakespearesHawkins Family LawHeald Solicitors LLPNeves SolicitorsSheddon Family LawPictons LLPKingsley David Solicitors