What is Collaborative Family Law?
Collaborative Family Law means you each instruct a specially trained Collaborative Lawyer to help you sort out your arrangements for separation and divorce by agreement. Everything is talked through at 4-way sessions, with both you and your collaborative lawyers around a table, focussed wholly on sorting things out in a way that is tailored to your needs. You all sign a participation agreement barring a court application using your collaborative lawyers. It is co operative, not positional.
- A friendly, constructive and dignified way to sort out your settlement
- You keep more control of what happens and your priorities
- Your deal is made binding at the end by your collaborative lawyers
- Your collaborative lawyers are able to help you throughout
- It can be quick
- If it breaks down you have to change lawyers for court
- Not all family lawyers are qualified to collaborate
Between £3,000 and £10,000 each, dependent on the number of 4-way meetings
Is Legal Aid available?
What if it fails?
See court applications
Time for the process to complete is between 3 months and 6 months
Who can provide this serviceFranklins Solicitors LLPShakespearesHawkins Family LawHeald Solicitors LLPPurcells LLPNeves SolicitorsSheddon Family LawKingsley David Solicitors